Exclusive IBBB Photo from NYC
Perez’s sources are like VISA, they’re everywhere. My sources are like Diners Club….not really anywhere, but once in a while you find a place that accepts Diners Club. Make sense? Me either. Anyway, my super secret “The Hills” spy has spied me some craptastic Hills info on good old Spencer (Steve Sanders) and Heidi. While none of this should be a surprise for anyone to hear here’s what went down at a pseudo lunch with Heidi and Spencer while they were in NYC this week. Below is the play by play, but to quickly sum up: The Hills is staged, Spencer never dated Audrina (it was staged), Brody has never dated Lauren, Spencer tried to convince Stephanie to not do the show, there really is a sex tape, Heidi is basically signed on to be in The Hills forever, Lauren’s mom is psycho, the Higher music video was a total FU to the song writer, and Heidi gave away her dog. I’m sure you’ll be hearing more about all this in the next few weeks, but you read it here first. Here’s the details….
- Spencer discussed how while The Hills is a reality show, but it’s staged and he used “reality show” in air quotes.
- Good old Spencer also talked about how he never dated Audrina, as the show made it seem. They met twice for about 5 minutes and filmed the “date scene” to create the drama.
- Brody and Lauren have never dated and Brody basically used Lauren for the show. Remember when Brody wasn’t on the show for a little while and then reappeared again out of the blue? Yeah, well that’s because Brody was supposed to be getting his own show at the time so he peaced out. When that fell through, he came back and started “dating” Lauren again.
- According to Spencer there is 100% a sex tape. Da-da-duuuuun. Lauren can’t seem to escape this.
- Lauren is just using Spencer’s sister, Stephanie (Sandy Sanders) as a way to get back at both Heidi and Spencer. Speaking of Stephanie, Spencer actually tried to convince her not to do the show, but she thought the producers were so nice to her that she wanted to do it. Spencer said, “uh yeah just wait.”
- Stephanie is, in fact, 1-year sober.
- Heidi was asked if she knows that she is always portrayed as the villain why doesn’t she just leave the show. Apparently when Heidi signed onto The Hills, Lauren’s dad reviewed the contract and she is signed on for like 10 years…..or world implosion, whichever happen first.
- According to these two crazy cats, Lauren’s mom is whacked out and spends all day visiting message boards and Hills websites leaving comments about how awesome Lauren is and how much Heidi and Spencer suck. Supposedly Lauren’s sister does this as well. Heidi replied that her own mom works all day so doesn’t have time to leave messages about Heidi on fan sites.
- What’s the deal with the song “Higher” and the video? Here’s the deal. Heidi and Spencer hired some dude to write “Higher” and they didn’t really love it, but wanted him to write a few more and didn’t want to use Higher. The dude got pissed at them and then leaked the song. They asked him to write another song for Heidi and he basically blackmailed them saying that if they don’t shoot a video for it he wouldn’t write another song. Heidi and Spencer paid this dude a ton of money so they said F it and shot the video for Higher without putting a dime into it as a big F-U. Spencer said that he was on the beach holding a camera in one hand, a boom box in the other hand and he’s yelling for Heidi to roll around on the sand. They laughed because it wasn’t supposed to be serious, but ended up being the most viewed video on Yahoo ever and #6 on iTunes.
- Finally, Heidi talked about how she actually ended up giving her dog away that she had in the first season of The Hills. Mystery solved!
So in summary, no huge surprises here, but it’s interesting to actually hear this confirmed from the horses mouth…and Spencer’s too.