It’s official. Pomsies is a thing. Is it a cat? A fury electronic ball of fun? The love child between your Fingerling and your kids favorite stuffed animal? Oh, and where can you actually buy one? Read on!
If your kiddos loved their Fingerlings for more than 2 days last year, they’re going to be obsessed with the latest interactive toy this year. Of course we’re talking about Pomsies. We’re hearing these just might be one of the hottest must-have toys of the upcoming Christmas season but, in all honesty, isn’t every toy your kid wants the ‘must have’ toy of the season? Anyway, you may be thinking, “What in the holy hell is a Pomsies?” Welp, let’s learn this together, shall we?
So What Actually Is a Pomsies?
We thought they were cats but, evidently, we were totally wrong on all accounts. They’re technically wearable pom-pom pets. And they’re interactive, reactive, and latch on to your waist, arm, and more. Gotcha. So does that make sense now?
Please Tell Me What Pomsies Do (And Please Don’t Tell Me They Come to Life)
What’s cool and fun about these little pom-pom fur balls is that they’re wearable and your kiddos can take them anywhere they need to go. They’re also interactive to they’re going to react and interact with you when your pet them and play with them! In fact they have up to 50 different reactions that, well, never get old. There’s sarcasm in there somewhere.
Here’s How to Play With Them
Like we said, when you touch them or pet them they can give you up to 50 different reactions. Hopefully not all at the same time. Here’s some of the cooler things you can do with them.
- Pet Them – They’ll react when you pet them and cuddle with them. The best spots to pet them are the back of their head, front of their forehead, or right under their cute little nose. Funny, those are our best spots too.
- Feed Them – Yes, of course, your kid will have to feed them. And when they won’t, you’ll be forced to. Luckily there isn’t real food. Just some fake hand movements. Score! All you have to do is tap them on the mouth to feed them. Easy.
- Take Them Dancing – So now your kid has a dance partner. When you dance (read: shake) with them they’ll actually start to sing their special song. The faster you dance, the faster they’ll sing! Is it over yet?
- Take Them With You – For real, please take them with you! Thanks to their special ‘twist and lock’ tail they can easily wrap around your kids arm, attach to their backpack, bike, and so much more.
Plus, Pomsises will actually talk to you. Well, sort of. Their eyes will indicated different messages depending on the colors they light up. They’ll be able to communicate whether they’re hungry, sneezy, sleepy, or just really happy!
So How Many Pomsies Are There Currently?
Great question. At last count there are 8 in rotation. Some are available for pre-order and some will be released in the coming months. We’ll update you with all the ways you can get your hands on a variety of Pomsies!
What’s the Suggested Retail Price?
They’re being released into the wild priced at $14.99. However, if you have a hard time finding them in-stock you may have to check eBay and then, well, you know the price is totally varying. Check them out on eBay here.
When is the Actual Release Date For Them?
Right now you can pre-oder select Pomsies on Amazon here. The full release date is August 1, 2018. Other Pomsies can be found here right now at Walmart ready to be ordered (with what’s still available).
Where Can I Buy the Newest Pomsies?
Well here’s the current rundown. Happy shopping!
1. Pomsies ‘Speckles’ in Purple – Buy It Here
2. Pomsies ‘Blossom’ in Pink – Buy It Here
3. Pomsies Snowball in White – Buy It Here
4. Patches in Pink, White, and Mint Green – Buy It Here
5. Boots in Purple – Buy It Here
6. Pinky in Pink and White – Buy It Here