Run in to Target for milk and leaving with over $200 in stuff? Guilty as charged! Here’s how you can save some extra cash this month with these amazing promo codes.
Is it wrong that a relaxing day for us is shopping at Target? It’s pretty much our most zen place we can be at. And when we’re not in Target we’re certainly shopping them online. They basically have everything we could ever want in life; food, home decór, clothes, the latest electronics, holiday everything and more. The only thing we could really use more of is killer coupon codes to help us save some additional money at checkout. We got you covered there. We’ve scrubbed the wild world of the Internet to help you (and us) get some extra money off our purchases. Plus, there are some pretty crazy sales going on right now. Check out some of the best Target promo/coupon codes, sales, and deals (so far) in October 2018.
The Best Promo Codes at Target Right Now:
Way More Sales, Deals, & Discounts:
So What’s the Deal With Their Online Sales Anyway?
There really are no tricks when it comes to Target promo codes. They’re always adding new codes to their site what seems like almost every day. At the least, you’ll be able to typically find an active code that’ll work once per week. The only down-side is that the coupon codes typically turnover every few days. So what was issued today, may not be working in one week from now. However, after what seems like hours of research we can safely say that usually their promo codes will be active anywhere from 1 week to 2.5 weeks. Once the new month begins, for example, we’ll see expiration dates usually for around the middle of the month. Our best advice is to also check out this page at Target that’ll list a lot of the major promos and deals they have going on for the month.
Even More Ways to Save Online:
All the Major Promos at Nordstrom We’re Obsessing Over in 2018
There are So Many Daily Sales at Wayfair Even If You Don’t Have a Discount Code!
The Top 10 Promos This Month at The Home Depot You Gotta See For Yourself
Shopping at Jet Can Save You a Ton of Money With These 8 Promo Tricks!
Honestly, the Uncommon Goods Coupon Sale Has the Cutest Gift Ideas Ever
8 Target Shopping Perks & Insider Sales Knowledge to Learn Now
1. Free Shipping Can Happen at Target: Yes, it’s usually the #1 question people have when trying to save money at Target. You can get free standard 2-day shipping when you sign up for their REDcard. It’s pretty much like your debit card, but allows you to gain free shipping, gets your 5% cash-back on purchases, gives you access to additional promos, early access to major sales (like Black Friday and Cyber Monday) and a bunch more. Learn more about REDcard here.
2. Use Up to 3 Coupons at Once: This is what the real coupon mavens call “coupon stacking.” And, well, Target allows it. You can combine your regular Target coupon, a manufacturers coupon, and your Cartwheel to get maximum savings. Cartwheel, if you don’t know, is the Target app that allows you to earn even extra savings. And you know how has some really great one-off Target coupons? Groupon. Check them out here.
3. Save 5% Off Your Starbucks Purchases: That’s right! If your Target has a Starbucks inside (don’t most?) and you pay for your coffee or other Starbucks treats with your Target REDcard (did we mention you must sign up for one of these!) you’ll get 5% off your total purchase. Honestly, coffee from Starbucks is pretty much $100 a cup so we’ll totally take the 5% in savings!
4. Sunday Just May Be Your Best Shopping Day: We typically retreat to Target on a Sunday anyway for some “me time” but now there may be an even better reason to be there that day. On Sunday you’ll find the best savings on things in the grocery and household departments. This is mainly because their newest sales in these departments start on Sunday (the old ones end on Saturday). There’s math in there somewhere?!
5. The 3 Major Toys Sales Per Year: Did you know that Target has a semi-annual (read: three times per year) sale on toys? Historically we’ve seen their deals start at 30% off original prices and then end with upwards of 75% off. These toy sales (in the past) have always been in the months of July, December, and January. Now, rumor has it, that this may be expanded or more toys will be on sale this year due to Toys R Us closing. Fingers crossed. Get your Hatchimal for as much off as humanly possibly because your kid is demanding 2 this year from Santa!
6. Target Will Price-Match Amazon: When most retailers aren’t price-matching with Amazon, Target is all in. A little known secret is that some of the major retailers (the major retailers you’re thinking of) all have updated software that allows their prices to automatically be adjusted for either the same price or at least 1-cent lower then the competition. It’s a real thing. Did you even wonder why some retailer almost always seem to have the lowest price or at least the same price? Anyway, if you happen to find your same exact item for a lower price at Amazon (and Target didn’t catch it already) simply show them the competitor price and they’ll honor it. There are some restrictions like it has to be a regularly priced item and not a clearance item.
7. Get 5% Off With Target Subscriptions: You know those everyday essential items you need all the time? Well when you sign up for Target Subscriptions you’ll save 5% on your order and you’ll get free shipping! Plus, to sweeten the deal even more, if you use your Target REDcard or just your debit card you’ll get an additional 5% off, bringing your savings to 10% off your total order. This is perfect for things you want to set up constant orders for like toothpaste every two months, toilet paper every month or, if you’re like us, La Croix every single week. For real we’re addicted. You can change delivery and subscription options at any time and ship it back for free (or bring it back to the store for fee) if you need to return anything. Learn more about this here.
8. Save Up to 90% Off Holiday Sales: We know, we know, shopping for holiday related stuff after the holiday is officially over is a total bummer. But, if you’re looking for the best deals this is how and when you have to shop. Typically as soon as the holiday is over, many of the themed items will go on sale. Then, as the days go on the percentage off increases. For example, as soon as the holiday is over you can get 30% off candy and holiday-related food (50% off all other holiday-related items). Then, by the one-week mark after the holiday you’ll get around 70% off candy and food and then 90% off the remaining holiday-marked items. It’s pretty amazing, but plan accordingly because if you’re greedy (like we tend to be) and want to wait the one-week mark you could end up with hardly anything good left. We’re totally fine with the 30% – 50% off the first day!
Well, How Do I Actually Use My Code?
We never love when retailers basically hide where you enter in your promo code. It’s almost like they don’t want us finding it and saving money! Luckily, Target isn’t that retailer. They make it pretty easy. We’ve helped break it down for you in 2 easy steps so you can see exactly where you can test out your code.
1. Select the Product You Want to Purchase: Once you know exactly what you want to buy all you have to do is simply click the “Add to Cart’ red button. Be sure to check and see that you just have that quantity set to what you actually want to purchase.
2. Where to Add the Promo Codes: Once you’ve added the product to your cart and selected the “Checkout” option you’ll be brought to a screen that looks like the one below. At first we thought you had to actually sign up for an account before you could check your code, but then we scrolled down and noticed the large box titled “Promo Codes” and our world was complete. No reason to sign-in or sign-up before you see if that code actually works! All you need to do is copy and paste in your prized code into the box and press the red “Apply” button. If it works you’ll see your new price shown with the savings (!!), if it doesn’t you’ll get an error message stating that your code doesn’t apply to anything in your cart. Womp, womp! Just go ahead and try another!