Trying to get an extra $20 off your Amazon order? We’ve done our best to show you the best sales (and some with the best promo codes) this month.
We buy, literally, everything on Amazon. We say ‘literally’ because we mean it. No matter what we’re looking for (hello 25 rolls of toilet paper in bulk) or adding to our wishlist (we’re talking to you 55″ 4K TV) we know that Amazon always has what we want, plus we can get it super fast (sometimes even same day!). Even though we love all things “The ‘Zon” we’re always looking to save even more money wherever we can. They typically don’t have a ton of promo/coupon codes, but when they do we’ll bring it to you here (see below for the latest ones). What they do have all the time, however, are the most insane sales and deals each week and, most recently, deals of the day. We once saw 50% off Amazon Echo and, well, we bought one (or two…because we gifted the second one).
Must Try Promo Codes at Amazon in August:
Additional Crazy Sales Happening Now:
Perks, Hacks, and Tips Every Amazon Shopper Should Discover
1. Save Up to 15% with Subscribe & Save: You know you use Amazon all the time anyway, so why not sign up for their Subscribe and Save program? When you do you can automatically get your favorite items delivered to you regularly (hi there tissues, diapers, seltzer water, and toilet paper!), save up to 15% on items you’d be buying normally anyway, and you can skip a scheduled shipment or cancel at any time. Learn more here.
2. Abandon the Cart: As all us pro-shoppers know these day, “cart abandonment” is a thing. If you add the item you want to your cart once you’re logged in and then, you know, just leave, after a day or two (or sometimes less) you just may get an email alert from Amazon reminding you of what’s in your cart and, at times, the price may actually be lower! It’s a bit of a risk because you don’t want to completely lose out if the item ends up going out of stock (hello Hatchimals!), but it could totally pay off if you’re ready to take the risk!
3. Get Up to 50% Off via the Amazon Outlet: Yes, “The Outlet” really is a thing. Many people don’t know about it, but it’s a great place to shop and find so many great deals with discounts up to 50% off. It’ll usually carry items like kitchen supplies, beauty products, electronics, accessories, and more. The Outlet is basically major markdowns and overstock items that are updated constantly all throughout the year. Check it out here.
4. Get a Free $70 Amazon Gift Card: Well, sort of. If you sign up (and get approved) for the Prime Rewards Card you’ll get a gift card for $70 on it to be used right there at Amazon! The Prime Rewards card will give you 5% cash back on your purchases at Amazon and Whole Foods, 2% back at restaurants, gas stations, and drugstores, and then 1% back on everything else. You’ll be able to use those points on the gazillion things Amazon has to offer. As always, make sure you pay your balance off each and every month (and on time) or none of this really will make sense or be worth your while. Learn how to get it here.
5. Pre-Ordering Can Save You Cash: This is a little known secret, but if you have the opportunity to pre-order an item and you do so, the price may change between when you purchased that item and the actual release and ship date. Still with us? Good. If the price goes down, even if you paid the higher price, you’ll get charged the lowest price available. If you paid lower and the price goes up, you still get to pay the original (lower) price you paid. This really comes in handy during the holidays when so many toys, electronics, and gadgets are pre-order eligible. Kind of cool.
6. Save Up to 50% at the Warehouse: Yes the Warehouse is also a real place! You can get up to 50% off gently-used items like computers, kitchen gadgets, grills, unlocked cell phones, televisions, and more. We get a little nervous with ‘gently used’ but Amazon does a great job making sure they’re all good and still high-quality items. This is the way to go for the bargain shopper in all of us. Check it out here.
7. Gear Up for the Annual Prime Day Sale: Sure this only happens once per year, but if you’re looking to get some of the best deals of the year, you’ll want to hold out and wait for Prime Day. This year, Prime Day is officially kicking off on July 16th and it’s now being reported that there will be over 1 million deals being issued worldwide! Our advice to figure out what exactly is worth it during the sale is to go the route of appliances, tech and gadgets (especially new 4K TVs) and browse some of Amazon’s own products like the Echo, Fire TV, Kindles, and more. Those always seem to get their prices slashed the most.
More Ways to Save:
We Dare You to Find a Coupon That Doesn’t Work at Home Depot
We’re Pretty Impressed With the Current Wayfair Sales & Promos Going On
Speaking of Free Shipping, You Could Get That at Birchbox Right Now
These are All the Ways You Can Save at J. Crew Online (Bonus Points for Students & Teachers!)
What’s the Real Deal With Their Promo Codes Anyway?
While Amazon seems to always have such great prices, especially as compared to the competition, it’s always super helpful to have a handy-dandy promo code available for usage during your checkout process. However, Amazon is a bit tricky like that though. They’re always offering cool coupons on, literally, thousands of items. You can always check out the biggest deals of the day here or just look for individual coupons on single items (like toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc) here. If you want to find that prized promo code to get that magical 20% off your full purchase, you’ll have to dig through the weeds of the Interwebs and even then they still may not work. On average, we’d say through our endless hours/days/weeks of research you can usually find one or two active codes in a given month. We’ll list them above when we’ve discovered them so you can try them out.
So How Can I Use My Code If It’s Still Active?
Amazon makes it somewhat easy to test out your endless supply of promotional codes. That is assuming they’re still active (shakes fist to the sky!). We’ve broken down this process into two pretty simple steps so you can see exactly where you can test them out.
Step 1: Once you’ve found the item you want all you have to do is simply click the yellow “Add to Cart” button to the far right of your item. Friendly Reminder: Don’t forget to click the “Yes I Want Free Two-Day Shipping” if you have Prime because it will not be checked off by default. Super annoying!
Step 2: After you’ve added your item to the cart and you’ve finished shopping all you need to do is click the “Proceed to Checkout” button and you’ll be taken to your checkout screen. You may need to sign-in if you haven’t by this point. Once there, directly below your payment method and billing address you’ll see a little arrow that says “Add a gift card or promotion code.” Click that arrow and you’ll see the promo code box appear. Magic! Simply paste in your prized promo code or just type it in. Click “apply” and if it works you’ll be good to go and see the new discounted price over by your order summary. Happy shopping! Happy saving!