Looking to save a little money on your next Home Depot home improvement project? Check out these must-try promo codes and read on!
How come every time we watch anything on HGTV we’re ready to knock down a wall, slap up some shiplap, or build a front porch? You know, on a whim. Either way, when it comes to any kind of home improvement project (from building something to home decór updates) our go-to has always been Home Depot. We’re also partial to the crazy home decor promos that Wayfair offers, but Home Depot is giving them a run for their money lately. They carry all the major brands we’re looking for, are totally trustworthy, competitively priced, and typically answer the dozens of questions we always have every time we go into the store.
See how these promo codes work here or see additional ways to save at The Home Depot here. Plus, here’s everything you need to know (and we know so far) about Black Friday and Cyber Monday!
If you’re looking to save some extra money when buying online, you’ve come to the right place. Check out some of the best promo and coupon codes from Home Depot, including a bunch of must-see sales for August 2018.
The Home Depot Sales, Coupons, and Promo Codes in August:
Even More Sales:
8 Interesting Things to Know When Shopping at Home Depot
1. Save on Paint With the Home Depot “Oops Paint” – If you’re looking to save a bit on some major paint brands check out what THD calls “Oops Paint.” When customers customize their paint but, perhaps, they didn’t like the color, the tint added, or a variety of other paint preference issues, THD will label it “Oops Paint” and discount the price. These cans can usually be found at either the very back of the paint aisle or the very front on an end-stand.
2. The 110% Price Match Does Exist – Always check with your local Home Depot, but most (if not all) will accept their competitors coupons and prices. The product needs to be the same and in stock at the competitor, but if you bring them the price and/or the coupon, not only with they honor the lower price, but they’ll even beat it by 10%. Pretty impressive!
3. A Price Ending in .03 or .06 Means Something Special – If you happen to see items priced ending with a .03 or a .06 there’s a little secret code to both of those. The .03 means that the price you’re seeing really is at the lowest price you’re going to get it from THD and you only have around 3 weeks to get it at that price before the product may be pulled. Now the .06, on the other hand, is a bit more promising. It means that it’s currently on clearance, but still may go even lower after 6-more weeks!
4. The 30-Day Price Adjustment – If an item you purchased goes on sale (or the price just changes) within 30-days of your initial purchase all you have to do is bring your receipt back to the store and they’ll adjust your account and give you the difference in price.
5. Check the Home Depot Rebates Center – THD has a ‘rebate center’ where they list out all their current rebates you can download, fill out the form, and get some great money back on what you’ve just purchased or what you want to purchase. It’ll let you know when you have to make the purchase by and when the rebate has to be turned in by. This can help you buy some time and shop around for your product other places to see if this really is the best deal or not.
6. Let Home Depot Text You – If you subscribe to Home Depot text alerts you’ll get $5 off your next purchase when you spend $50.
7. Negotiate the Price – Ok, so this one is a lot more difficult to do, but there are times when good old-fashioned price negotiating can work. You typically won’t be able to do this with a regular sales associate (they usually won’t have the final say or the final approval), but you can ask for a store manager or a department manager. Now, you can’t just say “I want to may $50 less” but if you can show that the product(s) you’re interested in have been at a lower price during a past sale and you missed it, for example, they are sometimes willing to honor that old price. The best tip: Be nice! No one wants to help you save cash when you’re being demanding.
8. Black Friday & Cyber Monday is Where It’s At – Sure that goes without saying but, for real, one of the best ways to save on those ultimate big ticket items is to hold out (and study) up on Home Depot’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. They’ll usually leak their best deals the week leading up and (at least last year) we were able to score up to 55% off. Pretty wild!
More Sales We’re Obsessed With:
Ways to Save on Your Washing Machine Purchase With This Sale
Amazon is Having So Many Deals and Even a Few Coupon Sales!
Saving at JET Has Never Been Easier in 2018
Check Out All the Promos at Zappos in 2018
Stop the press because Home Depot’s after-Thanksgiving Black Friday sale is going to be pretty bananas. And it’s more than just major appliance deals! Here’s everything you need to know to prepare for the once-a-year sale of our dreams.
Let’s not kid ourselves. There isn’t an appliance we’re buying this year until Home Depot has their yearly Black Friday sale extravaganza. I mean, we could buy that dream appliance beforehand, but we might as well just open our wallet and throw the money directly out the window. Although there are usually great ways to save at Home Depot all year round too! Everyone knows if you want to save the most this year, the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales are the only major ones you need to wait for. If you can survive the world’s most awkward family Thanksgiving dinner, you can certainly survive the wait on these sales.
The Home Depot can be a bit tricky (at least in the past) on giving us enough of a heads-up on what they plan on slashing prices on. There have been times that the Black Friday ad wasn’t even released until the day before. That’s barely any time to prepare our wish-lists, walk through our entire home and figure out what needs updating, and transferring the proper amount of money from one bank account to the next! We’re fully researched AF and ready to tackle this totally head on. Let’s do this together!
Technically, When Does Black Friday Sale Begin?
What we know for sure is that Black Friday is technically November 23, 2018. That’s the good news. Let’s check that off the list! Now if you plan on leaving your family on Thanksgiving and heading to THD to tackle someone for a stand mixer or snow blower, you’re mostly going to be out of luck. Like some other major retailers, Home Depot is actually closed on Thanksgiving. Can you imagine? We love it, actually. While it’s sport for some, for us there’s nothing worse than leaving dinner early to stand in line from 5pm – mid-night.
Well Then What Time Can We Expect Home Depot to Actually Be Open?
Every year from as far back as we can remember, they’ve opened their doors starting on Friday at 6 a.m. Now if you want to start lining up at 4 or 5 in the morning, that’s your call. Hopefully you’ve napped enough from the turkey the night before and are ready to get your hands on all those must-haves by 6:01 a.m.
What Will Be the Absolute Best Savings, Sales, and Deals This Year?
There will be so many things on sale for both Black Friday as well as Cyber Monday. We strongly recommend adding a bookmark to this page (it’s like it’s 2001 all over again!) and checking back regularly because as we uncover new information and super secret sales we’ll keep you updated. Rumor has it that they’ll be ‘leaking’ their Black Friday ad as early as Sunday, November 18, 2018.
Last year, some of the biggest sale items were, of course, best-selling appliances. They had a Samsung washer and dryer for under $500, which was $600 off the original price! You could have also saved over $900 on select french-door refrigerators. Overall people were saving up to 40% off so many different appliances. Don’t worry if you’re not in the market for appliances, because there were a bunch of other great deals happening too like over $100 off certain artificial Christmas trees, $100 off select tool work stations, up to $150 off select smart-home products from major brands like Nest, Ring, Google Home and more!
Check these sale landing pages to get prepared:
- Major Appliances – Check the Current Sales Here
- Tools – Check the Current Sales Here
- Bathroom – Check the Current Sales Here
- Home Decór – Check the Current Sales Here
- Flooring & Rugs – Check the Current Sales Here
- Everything Else on Sale – Check the Sales Here
So When Does the Cyber Monday Sale Start This Year?
Here’s an easy one to answer. THD Cyber Monday sale starts on Monday, November 26, 2018. This is when they’ll have additional secret-squirrel sales happening that may not have been part of the Black Friday blowout. A lot of time we’ll see some of those killer sales extended through Cyber Monday so it’s a real mixed bag, but we’ll be calling out the best-of-the-best deals as soon as they’re released, which is expected to be leaked the week of Thanksgiving. Stay tuned!
Last year we saw the following overall Cyber Monday deals:
- Up to 55% off select items
- Take an extra $5 off (site-wide) when you spend $50
- A Whirlpool dishwasher on sale for $298
- 40% off refrigerators, washing machines, and dryers
- A Ryobi weed-whacker for just $49
In the meantime, until Black Friday and Cyber Monday are upon us, grab a little extra savings at Home Depot with this:
How the Coupons Work!
So What’s With These Deals Anyway?
The Home Depot is one of our favorite DIY retailers who offer actual coupon codes on a regular basis. And, to make things even better, they typically last for more than just a couple of days. Of course there are super hot promos that are active only for one day, but we still love them. On top of your must-use discount codes there are also always pretty decent sales going on all throughout the week on a variety of items and home improvement categories. You can save a decent amount in major appliances from some of your favorite brands, but as HD continues to grow they continue to push sales on areas they’d like to compete in more like home decór (yes, they have that), carpeting, storage, holiday decorations and so much more.
Overall there are typically 2 different main promos going on during the week. They have the “Special Buy of the Day” which is typically a major discount on some theme for today only. This can range from something like ceiling fans, to lamps, to bathroom sinks and pretty much everything in between. You’ll want to check back on that often. The 2nd main deal is the daily “Overstock” sale. This is where you can save upwards of at least 20% on legit the most random products, typically at clearance prices. It’s definitely worth the look. You never know where you’re going to find that one-off sale of your dreams!
Other ways to save some cash is with their email sign ups. Typically when you sign up for their email you can immediately save anywhere from $10 off a particular item or up to 10-15% off select items. Not too shabby. Plus, they have free shipping on so many products, especially in the appliance category so there’s a great way to enjoy some savings too!
So How Do You Actually Use Them?
This is super easy, at least at The Home Depot. We always hate when a retailer makes you put in your credit card info before you get to see if your promo code actually works. Here’s the absolute easiest way to use your savings code when shopping at HD. Follow our step-by-step guide.
Step 1: When you’re ready to actually choose the product you want to buy, simply click “Add to Cart.” You can either keep shopping or call it a day and get ready to checkout.
Step 2: Once you’re ready for checkout you’ll see a screen like the one below where it’ll show you your item, the price, the overall discount, and if you chose for it to be delivered at home or picked up in the store. On the far right of the screen you’ll see the “Have a Promo Code?” link just above the final “Checkout Now” button. Click the “Have a Promo Code?” link!
Step 3: After you’ve clicked that you’ll see the box appear where you can either paste in the coupon code you copied from another site or simply type it in. Once it appears there just click “Apply” and it’ll let you know if your code has been accepted or not. If it works you’ll see the discount reflected in the above price. Done and done. It’s just that easy!