All that time you’ve been spending at the gym all year is finally about to pay off. Bathing suit season. We’re kidding. Of course we never made it to the gym more than twice but, either way, we’re still looking for a cool pair of swim trunks that’ll make us look our best. Depending on your build, there’s a variety of swimwear options for all the guys out there. If you’re on the taller side, feel free to sport a pair of classic board shorts. Vertically challenged? A pair of mid-length trunks may be your best bet. From florals to stripes and solids to turtles (no, for real), we’ve hunted high and low for the best swims trunks and overall bathing suits for men in 2018 and beyond. Surfs up, gut in!
1. BOTO ‘Aruba Palm Trees’ Swim Trunks in Navy Blue – Check Price
This head-turning bathing suit is tailored fit, so it’s not going to sit on you in a baggy-type situation, which is even better for when you get into the water. It won’t look like a giant trash bag it floating up to the surface. We love the tiny little embroidered white palm tress against the dark blue background that really makes this swim suit pop.
2. Tom & Teddy ‘Pineapple’ Swim Trunks – Check Price
These bright blue print swim trunks are totally soft, lightweight and dry super fast. Printed with the coolest yellow pineapples we’ve seen in a little while, this bathing suit reminds you to have fun every time you in the water or on the sand.
3. Hurley ‘Phatnom Thalia’ Pink Designed Swim Trunks – Check Price
We love the way these board shorts look (first and foremost), but did you know they’re also made from top-notch recycled stretch fabric? The hyper pink and black design gives it a total retro 90’s vibe that we’re really digging this season.
4. Boardies ‘Day of the Dead’ Skulls Bathing Suit for Men in Black – Check Price
Perfect for when you’re looking for the the rock-n-roller vibe as opposed to the traditional tropical bathing suit. They’re super soft, comfortable, and quick drying!
5. 90’s Inspired ‘Fresh Prince’ Printed Swim Trunks – Check Price
Completing our throwback 90’s look, these board shorts are a mix between The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Saved By the Bell. What could be better? The fabric is super quick-drying and the mesh interior will keep everything, uh, in place.
6. Mr. Swim ‘Mosaic’ Swim Trunks in Turquoise and Black – Check Price
Outside of the mosaic tile design on this bathing suit, we love how quickly this one dries. It really makes all the difference for those of us who don’t want to “sit it in” for an hour. They’re not only waterproof, but also have moisture-wicking technology along with a stretch lining so it’ll move as you move. When I move, you move…just like that.
7. Vineyard Vines ‘Surflodge’ Bathing Suit in Red Stripes – Check Price
This 9-inch seam bathing suit is perfect for guys who want more of the board shorts look and feel than skimpy pair of swim trunks. These will dry super fast and leave plenty of room for movement so you’re good to go at the beach throwing the football around, playing frisbee, or just plain old acting like an animal in the water. While these are in red, they also come in blue too!
8. Peter Millar ‘Crab Shack’ Bathing Suit – Check Price
Let’s be honest, this is the only time you actually want grabs anywhere near your downstairs region. These Atlantic blue trunks (with blue and red crabs) come with an insulated beverage holder too so, well, bottoms up!
9. Original Penguin ‘Polka Dot Lemon’ Board Shorts – Check Price
If you love a blue bathing suit, but are still looking for that pop of color these are your best bet. The tiny little lemons act as polka dots to really turn up your beach look. They’re vintage in spirt, but modern in quality.
10. Stripe-Fixed Volley Swim Trunks in Blue – Check Price
We love how these swim trunks fit perfectly no matter what your body shape it. They tie at the wrong, are super flattering, and we love the yellow and light-blue stripes that add a little something extra throughout the bathing suit.
11. Nikben ‘Go Bananas’ Men’s Bathing Suit – Check Price
Because who doesn’t want bananas on their swim trunks?! You’ll be turning heads at the beach before you know it and, well, they might even be the perfect ice breaker. Definitely worth the money.
12. Bilabong x Warhol Men’s Swim Trunks in Black/White – Check Price
13. BOSS ‘White Shark’ Designer Bathing Suit for Men – Check Price
14. Bonobos Retro Ginham Swim Trunks in Pink/Blue – Check Price