Zappos is always having such great sales but, did you know there are just basically always great prices (and, no, there aren’t any coupons!). Read on!
Check out some of the best of Zappos going on (so far) in August 2019.
Our Favorite Zappos Item of the Week
– Rag & Bone Classic Newbury Boots –
Even More Amazing Must-Sees at Zappos:
If you’re like us, you couldn’t love Zappos any more than you already do! It’s our first-stop whenever whenever we’re shopping for anything from shoes and sneakers to shirts, jeans, hats, sunglasses, accessories and more. Basically, yes, they cover almost anything you need and have some of the biggest brands that you may not have even known they carried like The North Face, Clarks, Converse, Nike, Sorel, and more. There are quite literally hundreds of major brand names, an enormous selection when it comes to color and size combinations and, well, we’re obsessed. Plus, did you know they even have an entire ‘luxury’ section with super impressive designers like Stella McCartney, Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino, Zac Posen and more!? Check out their luxury department here.
Outside of top brands, we feel like Zappos is our spirit animal because they offer free shipping and free 365 day returns. Let’s let that sink in for a minute. Free shipping. Free 365 day returns. Do you know how many time we’ve ordered something we didn’t love and then simply just sent it back to them for free? It’s pretty amazing, a huge time saver, and makes us feel super important thanks to their great customer service. If Zappos was a person, we’d be friends.
6 Zappos Perks and Savings Strategies You May Not Know About
1. All Shipping at Zappos is Free: Yep, you heard that right. Everyone can enjoy free shipping on whatever you’re purchasing online. There isn’t really a catch with the exception that, well, the regular free shipping can be kind of slow. We’re grateful it’s free, of course, but when you’re used to Prime sending you your stuff within 2 days or even same say, 4-5 business days can seem like a lifetime. You gotta go the VIP route. More on that next.
2. Become a VIP can Get Next Day Free Shipping: Ah the magic and mystery of becoming a VIP at Zappos! If you become an actual VIP you’ll get free next day shipping and, well, it’s really life changing. The challenge is actually becoming that VIP. Everywhere you look online, everyone says the same thing. It’s a legit mystery. Apparently the powers-to-be at Zappos randomly decide who will make it into VIP status. Some say that the more you shop there the more of a chance you get to be granted access. Here’s a little tip. Ask for it. For us, third time was a charm. When nicely chatting with customer service we asked about it. Sadly we were told it was out of their control the first two times. However when we had a delivery issue and contact them nicely about it and then inquired about VIP status we were magically granted. Once you’re in you’re in forever! Freedom!
3. Not a VIP, Get the App Anyway: If you’re banging your head against the wall to become a VIP and haven’t been successful, just download the Zappos app and you’ll also get free next-day shipping. Learn more about their app here.
4. Ditch Your Cart if You Dare: One of the risker things you can do to try and save additional money is to abandon your shopping cart and wait things out. A lot of people online (and us included) tried this and were successful, although not everyone. From time to time if you abandon your cart a day or two later (sometimes later that same day) you’ll get an email from Zappos trying to sweeten the deal to try and get you to complete that purchase. They could take some money off the original price or even offer you a short-term prized coupon code. It’s risky because if you wait it out and then don’t hear from them you could end up losing out on the item you really want if it goes out of stock. Such a hustle!
5. Ask For a Coupon: Ok, so this is really putting yourself out there, but from time to time the kind people at customer service can actually provide you a unique coupon code for your current purchase or future purchase. We recommend actually calling them (1-800-927-7671) to speak with someone in customer service (we had the best luck with that), but their online chat service is also a great option. This worked for us when we had a problem with item being delivered so late. It wasn’t really their fault, but they gave us a code we could use to take a percentage off our next online order. And did we mention they were super cheerful and patient with us? It really was refreshing.
6. Free Returns (and Take Your Time): All returns are free at Zappos. Not bad! Oh, and did you know that their return policy is valid for 365 days? Um, that’s 1 year! Now, you can’t wear or use the item and then return it, but if you got something that didn’t fit right or you just didn’t like or want you have up to a year to get your full refund. So you know, if you got invited to that wedding as a date, bought the outfit and then, you know, got dumped one month before the wedding you can still return everything.
You May Also Want to Check Out These Promos Codes:
Wayfair is Having a Great Promo Sale Right Now
All the Perks of Having Your Coupon Code Ready at Nordstrom
It’s Hard to Keep Up With All of Macys Sales, But These are the Biggest to Buy Now
Must Try Minted Coupon Codes To Help You at Checkout!
So Does Zappos.com Really Give Promo Codes or No?
It’s really the million dollar questions. The short answer is, no. I s that clear? Yeah it’s not for us either. Even our friends over at Reddit are having a major convo about it! In regards to your standard run-of-the-mill promo codes, it’s really tough to find them (if you ever find them at all). They do not release them to the public so, basically, your search is over! Once in a while we’ll see that a site or two has an exclusive promo going on with Zappos and you’ll potentially find your working code that way. Regardless of the specific codes, they’re always running some kind of pretty killer sale. Plus, you can always get free shipping and free returns which, to be honest, is really the ultimate perk for us. Again, it’s got to be that Amazon-family connection, but we love how easy it is to return our item when we got the size wrong or, you know just don’t like the way it looks at all. No questions asked.
If I Got a Coupon, How and Where Do I Use It?!
So if you’re one of the lucky ones who scored a prized coupon code, you got to check it out to see if it actually works. We feel your pain. While the Zappos checkout process isn’t the quickest to set up as compared to most other sites, it’s still pretty decent. Plus, once you’ve set up an account the first time, checking out actually becomes pretty fast. Either way, follow these three quick steps below:
Step 1: Once you’ve found the products you’re ready to purchase all you have to do is click on the large green “Add to Cart” button. Don’t forget to choose your size first!
Step Two: Once you’ve added your product(s) to the cart you’ll be brought to the first step in the checkout process. This is where you can see that you selected the right product, at the right price, the right size, and the right quantity. If you made any mistakes you can update it here. If you’re good to go, you’ll notice towards the bottom of the screen you’ll see a message that states, “Have a gift card, gift certificate, or coupon code? Proceed to checkout to redeem it.” That’s reassuring! Click the “Proceed to Checkout” red button and you’re almost there!
Step Three: You’ve finally made it! The only part that’s a bit annoying is that Zappos is the site where you do have to log-in to your existing account or sign up for a new account in order to test out your promo code. Yawn. Below your shipping address and payment method (we blacked out ours in the screenshot below), you’ll see a tiny little arrow that you’ll click on to expand the “Add a gift card or promotion code.” One that expands you’ll see the promo code box. All you need to do is enter your code and click the “Apply” button next to it. If your code works, congrats! If it doesn’t, you’ll receive an error message and you can try another one. Good luck!