Is shopping at Home Depot basically like going to Disney World for you too? Whether you’re tackling your own home improvement project, looking to redecorate just about any room in your house, or are obsessed with having the latest tools and outdoor gadgets they really do have everything you need. Plus, you can typically save some extra cash with their official promo codes, coupons and regular sale events!
How come every time we watch anything on HGTV we’re ready to knock down a wall, slap up some shiplap, or build a front porch? You know, on a whim. Either way, when it comes to any kind of home improvement project (from building something to home decór updates) our go-to has always been The Home Depot. They carry all the major brands we’re looking for, are totally trustworthy, competitively priced, and typically answer the dozens of questions we always have every time we go into the store. Plus, they’re usually offering some decent offers and discounts that are always worth checking out. Some of our current faves include things like:
Overall this month we’re seeing an average savings of anywhere between 25% – 40% off select originally priced home essentials and must-haves. One of the most popular and easiest ways to save is their $5 off deal. Simply sign up with your email and they’ll shoot you over your $5 off offer. Plus, you can even earn free 2-day shipping when you spend just $45 online. You can’t go wrong!
Check out some of the best Home Depot promo code deals, coupons, and discount sales (so far) in April 2020!
8 Interesting Things to Know When Shopping at THD
1. Save on Paint With Their “Oops Paint” Options – If you’re looking to save a bit on some major paint brands check out what THD calls “Oops Paint.” When customers customize their paint but, perhaps, they didn’t like the color, the tint added, or a variety of other paint preference issues, THD will label it “Oops Paint” and discount the price. These cans can usually be found at either the very back of the paint aisle or the very front on an end-stand.
2. The 110% Price Match Does Exist – Always check with your local THD, but most (if not all) will accept their competitors coupons and prices. The product needs to be the same and in stock at the competitor, but if you bring them the price and/or the coupon, not only with they honor the lower price, but they’ll even beat it by 10%. Pretty impressive!
3. A Price Ending in .03 or .06 Means Something Special – If you happen to see items priced ending with a .03 or a .06 there’s a little secret code to both of those. The .03 means that the price you’re seeing really is at the lowest price you’re going to get it from THD and you only have around 3 weeks to get it at that price before the product may be pulled. Now the .06, on the other hand, is a bit more promising. It means that it’s currently on clearance, but still may go even lower after 6-more weeks!
4. The 30-Day Price Adjustment – If an item you purchased goes on sale (or the price just changes) within 30-days of your initial purchase all you have to do is bring your receipt back to the store and they’ll adjust your account and give you the difference in price.
Promo Codes, Coupons & Retailer Sales:
These Sam’s Club Discount Codes are the Promo We All Need!
Active Houzz Promo Code & Coupons You Gotta Test Out!
Walmart 2020 Promo Code & Coupon Guide
Ways to Save on Your Washing Machine Purchase With This Sale
5. Check the Official Rebates Center – THD has a ‘rebate center’ where they list out all their current rebates you can download, fill out the form, and get some great money back on what you’ve just purchased or what you want to purchase. It’ll let you know when you have to make the purchase by and when the rebate has to be turned in by. This can help you buy some time and shop around for your product other places to see if this really is the best deal or not.
6. Let Them Text You – If you subscribe to Home Depot text alerts you’ll get $5 off your next purchase when you spend $50.
7. Negotiate the Price – Ok, so this one is a lot more difficult to do, but there are times when good old-fashioned price negotiating can work. You typically won’t be able to do this with a regular sales associate (they usually won’t have the final say or the final approval), but you can ask for a store manager or a department manager. Now, you can’t just say “I want to may $50 less” but if you can show that the product(s) you’re interested in have been at a lower price during a past sale and you missed it, for example, they are sometimes willing to honor that old price. The best tip: Be nice! No one wants to help you save cash when you’re being demanding.
8. Black Friday & Cyber Monday is Where It’s At – Sure that goes without saying but, for real, one of the best ways to save on those ultimate big ticket items is to hold out (and study) up on their Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. They’ll usually leak their best deals the week leading up and (at least last year) we were able to score up to 55% off. Pretty wild!
So What’s With These Deals Anyway?
THD is one of our favorite DIY retailers who offer actual coupon codes on a regular basis. And, to make things even better, they typically last for more than just a couple of days. Of course there are super hot promos that are active only for one day, but we still love them. On top of your must-use discount codes there are also always pretty decent sales going on all throughout the week on a variety of items and home improvement categories. You can save a decent amount in major appliances from some of your favorite brands, but as HD continues to grow they continue to push sales on areas they’d like to compete in more like home decór (yes, they have that), carpeting, storage, holiday decorations and so much more.
Overall there are typically 2 different main promos going on during the week. They have the “Special Buy of the Day” which is typically a major discount on some theme for today only. This can range from something like ceiling fans, to lamps, to bathroom sinks and pretty much everything in between. You’ll want to check back on that often. The 2nd main deal is the daily “Overstock” sale. This is where you can save upwards of at least 20% on legit the most random products, typically at clearance prices. It’s definitely worth the look. You never know where you’re going to find that one-off sale of your dreams!
Other ways to save some cash is with their email sign ups. Typically when you sign up for their email you can immediately save anywhere from $10 off a particular item or up to 10-15% off select items. Not too shabby. Plus, they have free shipping on so many products, especially in the appliance category so there’s a great way to enjoy some savings too!
Even More Retailer Deals:
Wayfair Promo Code, Coupons & Discount Sales!
Avis Coupon Codes & Major Promo Discounts This Month!
Helpful Nordstrom Coupons & Discount Codes We Love!
The Zappos Promo Code Deal & Coupon Must-Sees!