Looking to save a little cash when splurging at Nordstrom’s this month? Well look no further! The promo codes and sales are on fire right now!
[Total: 39 Average: 4.6]
As we all know by now, Nordstrom seldom gives out a promo or coupon code. Currently it goes against their general policy. Why? We’re not entirely sure. Lucky for us they’re always running a sale of some sort at different times during the week and month. What we love about their deals is that they’re sometimes slashing the price on items that are pretty new in the store. So it’s not like you’re getting 50% off last season’s stuff. Although that sometimes happens.
If you’ve landed here you’re most likely ready to buy something at Nordstrom online. A recent report shows that their online store (read: e-commerce!) is now growing faster than their actual brick and mortar stores. Lucky for us, right?! While you can always shop in-store for some great sales, we’ve had way more luck getting extra cash off when shopping online. So what are some great deals this month? Let’s tackle it together.
This month we’re seeing great sales and promos on some of the must-have jeans for men, the hottest style and fashion trends for women this spring-into-summer season, great deals on bedding, home decór, shoes and more. We always recommend to bookmark this page as we’re regularly updating it with the latest sales from Nordstrom to help you (um, and us) save as much as we possibly can. Check out some of the best promos (so far) from Nordstrom in August 2019. Or click here to go right to the sales we rounded up at Nordstrom Rack.
Amazing Ways to Save at Nordstrom’s:
Even More Sales & Discounts Happening Today:
The Latest Ways to Save at Nordstrom Rack This Month:
So Does Nordstrom Have Promo Codes?
While we love Nordstrom, they typically don’t issue mass promo or coupon codes. It’s super frustrating, but from time to time we’ll come across one or two that are active and work (although they disappear fast!). We totally cherish the times when there’s a code we can use and want to pay that forward whenever possible.
What’s more common from them is their famous “Gift with Purchase.” What we love about these special promos is that the gift that comes with your purchase is typically pretty cool. There are a ton usually in the beauty/makeup department where you can score some free makeup, moisturizers, and especially perfume and cologne. Speaking of which, those are usually a pretty decent sized travel sample. So you can use it multiple times before it’s gone.
Overall they has some pretty great sales and deals on everyday items, ranging anywhere from clothing to beauty, home decor to gifts, and everything in between. Our favorite time of year, of course, is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that happens once per year (this year it’s rumored to be between July 20th – August 5th, 2018). This is their biggest sale of the year and, in our opinion, totally rivals the Amazon Prime Day sale. Check back to see what’s majorly on sale the closer we get to that date!
11 Secret Shopping Tips & Perks Every Nordies Shopper Needs to Know
We obviously love Nordstrom because of their designer fashions, high-end beauty products, chic home accessories, and so much more. Outside of promos and coupons there are some additional ways to save and things you should know about when shopping online or in-store. We’ve broken them down here.
1. Price Matching: If you happen to find the same exact item being offered by a competitor and you let them know, they will match and honor the lower price! It has to be the same exact product. We’re talking about things like the same size, the same color, the same everything. And it has to be in stock at the competitor as well. This includes things like perfume and cologne too!
2. Price Adjustments on Sale Items: All you have to do is ask for a full price adjustment on items that have gone on sale within 14 days of when you purchased the same exact item at full price. How many times did we splurge on those designer shoes only to see them marked at 30% off one week later?! Always keep an eye on sales especially after you’ve already made your purchases.
3. Get Free Shipping: If you’re shopping online you’re in luck because just about everything can be shipped to your home within the United States for free! Oh, and did we mention that returns were for free too? It’s a real lifesaver and money saver! This comes in handy the most when buying shoes online and we’re 100% sure on the size or fit. Phew!
4. The ‘Buy & Save’ Promotion: From time to time they will offer a “Buy & Save” program on their site. What this means is that if you buy more than one of the same item you’ll be eligible for a discounted rate at the checkout process. This will only be on select items and you’ll be aware of this through the product page. Examples where we’ve seen this before is on select bath towels, socks, certain eyeshadows, pocket-squares, underwear for men or women, pillows and more!
5. Get Nordstrom Rewards: Another great way to save some cash is to sign up for their rewards program. Basically once you sign up, for every dollar you spend you accrue one point. Once you’ve accrued 2,000 points you’ll get a $20 Nordstrom note that you can spend on just about anything in the store or online. You’d be surprised how quickly you can accrue those points. We think it’s great when just shopping throughout the year, but we also totally suggest signing up before you’re about to make that big ticket purchase (hello jewelry or designer bags!). Plus, it’s a great way to gain early access to some of their major sales.
6. Use Your Nordstrom Card at Sister-Sites: That’s right, you can use your card at their sister-sites like The Rack, HauteLook, and Trunk Club. When you do, you’ll start collecting even more rewards points that you’ll eventually be able to use at Nordstrom for even more savings. We’re talking about 2 points for every 1 dollar spent. Keep in mind when shopping at there you’ll get only 1 point for every 1 dollar spent, so this is double the rewards basically!
7. Get Alterations for Free: Ok, well ‘most’ alterations. The standard ones. As long as you purchased your item at from them, all you have to do is bring in your receipt and the powers-to-be and they will determine if what you need is part of their basic free alteration service.
8. Get $20 in Rewards for a Referral: While they don’t usually give a lot way, this is one of those exceptions. If you refer a friend and they open up a debit or credit card with them you’ll get $20 in rewards that you can put towards your own purchases. Thanks friends!
9. You Can Earn Triple Reward Points: The triple points strategy is the best way to go, but one that is usually a mystery. For reward card holders, at select times during the year they will offer triple points. This means that for every dollar you spend you can earn three reward points! There’s even a time when you can earn 6-points per dollar. Imagine? Learn more about when these events take place here.
10. Personal Stylists are FREE: Nothing makes us feel more fancy than having our very own fashion stylist when shopping. They offer this for free and, to be honest, there really is no pressure to buy anything from them if you don’t love what they’re recommending. All you have to do is sign up for an appointment and you’re good to go. They also have beauty and wedding stylists too.
11. Study Up on the 2 Major Sales: Two major sales that take place throughout the year is the Annual Nordstrom Anniversary Sale that takes place typically at the end of July into August. The other major sale is the “Half-Yearly” sale that takes place at the end of the spring and at the end of the fall. You’ll get crazy deals at that time.
Our Favorite Picks This Month
Jo Malone ‘Wood Sage & Sea Salt’ Perfume – Buy It Here
Barefoot Dreams Cozy Throw Blanket in Grey – Buy It Here
Dior Sauvage Cologne for Men – Buy It Here
Diptyque Vanilla Scented Candle – Buy It Here
Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Wireless Speaker – Buy It Here
Do They Offer Student Discounts?
Sadly, they do not. They do however have great sales all during the week in the main categories of women’s fashion, men’s fashion, beauty, home, and more.
Do They Ever Have Coupons?
This is a tricky question, but usually they do not have coupon codes. Some items, however, do offers promotions which will be displayed in the product description. Sometimes these will be provided if an item or items are offering free gifts with purchase.
Do They Ever Price Match?
Yes! If you happen to find the same exact item being offered by a competitor and you let them know, they will match and honor the lower price! It has to be the same exact product.
Do They Have Free Returns?
Yes they do! All you have to do is bring your item to any Nordstrom store along with your receipt and original form of payment.
So How Do You Actually Use Your Coupon Code?
It’s really easy. We provide a super-quick step-by-step guide on where you can enter your prized promo code. Don’t you hate when retailers bury it in the checkout process? It’s like, don’t make it so tough for us! Here we go.
Step One: Add the product you want to your shopping bag. Simply click the “Add to Bag” button and then you’ll see a screen pop up where you can select “Checkout” once you’re ready to pay, add your coupon code, and be done!
Step Two: You’ll be brought to a screen where you fill out your name, address, etc. Once that part is done, simply scroll down and below the “Email for Order Updates” you’ll see the line item for Promotion Code titled “Apply a promo code.” Just click it!
Step Three: After you clicked “Apply a promo code” link the box will open up where you’ll simply paste in your coupon code from the site you copied it from or you can just type the code into the box and press “Apply.” If it worked you’ll be good to go and you’ll see the savings adjusted. If it’s an expired or non-working promo code it’ll let you know by turning red and stating “Please Enter a Valid Promotion Code.” I mean, you’ll turn red with anger too!
Even More to Check Out:
Find Out When the Next Half Yearly Sale at Nordstrom’s is in 2019
Get Ready for the Deals at the 2019 Nordstrom Black Friday Extravaganza!
More Coupons at Nordstrom That’ll Help You Save Some Cash!