Looking for the coolest jeans that totally fit your body the right way? Shop our favorite jeans for guys this season.
It’s time to raise those old baggy jeans to the rafters and retire them once and for all! There are a ton of denim options out there for guys and, to be honest, it’s hard to know exactly where to begin. One thing is for sure, you need your jeans to fit your body-type correctly. Skinny jeans aren’t for everyone (and hopefully they won’t be for anyone soon enough). Regular-fit jeans sometimes can leave you looking boxy and like your dad (not that there’s anything wrong with that). Sometimes the slim-to-straight jeans give you the best of both worlds. We’ve rounded up some of the best-fitting denim jean options in the latest on-trend colors and styles. From dark selvedge to slightly torn ‘rock-star’ options, shop our picks for the best jeans for men in 2018.
Starting With Darker
1. Best New Men’s Jeans for Fall 2018: AG Slim Fit in Dark ‘Alpha’ Denim – Buy It Here
2. Dark ‘Work Jeans’ Straight Leg Denim – Check Price
3. Hudson Jeans ‘Blake Slim Fit’ Denim – Buy It Here
4. Designer John Varvatos ‘Bowery’ Jean in Blue Stone – Buy It Here
5. AG ‘Tellis’ Slim-to-Trim Fitting – Buy It Here
6. Acne Studios Men’s Tapered Leg Indigo Jeans – Check Price
7. Naked & Famous Denim ‘Weird Guy’ Dark Selvedge Jeans – Check Price
8. Dark Rinse Men’s Denim Jeans by J. Crew – Check Price
9. J. Crew ‘Austin’ Summer Denim Jeans for Men – Buy It Here
10. On Trend Denim: Boss ‘Delaware’ Slim Fit Weathered Jeans – Buy It Here
11. J. Crew ‘Sutton’ Jeans in Walker Wash Denim – Check Price
12. Hudson Jeans ‘Blake’ Denim in Chrome Washed Faded Black – Buy It Here
13. Driggs ‘Light Social Wash’ Jeans for Men – Check Price
14. Medium Austin Wash Denim by J. Crew Factory – Check Price
15. Levi’s Vintage 1954 501 Tapered Leg Men’s Jeans – Buy It Here
16. AG Tellis Total Ripped Jeans in ’23 Years Seafarer’ Blue – Buy It Here
Cheap Jeans for Guys at Amazon
So What’s the Deal With Slim Fit Jeans?
It’s a question we get asked a lot. Guys usually get nervous when trying to buy a pair of jeans that are labeled “Slim Fit” because they think they’re going to be way too tight. Relax (pun sort of intended), your favorite denim brands have come a long way since that horrific skinny fit phase and, well, even worse the super-skinny fit phase.
If you’re going the slim route, fear not, because all it typically means is that your jeans will be slightly more fitted around your butt (which isn’t the worse thing if you’re trying to steal a look or two) and your thigh area. Yes, guys have thighs. It then begins to taper around your knee and leg leaving a slightly narrower opening. Basically, this is the kind of fit when you’re in semi-decent shape and don’t want to look like you’re rocking the baggy look circa 2001 (you remember the time). While each brand will have variations based on their version of slim fit, you usually can’t go wrong.
Now, we don’t want to blow your mind, but there’s also ‘Slim Straight Fit.’ You still with us? Good. This fit is usually tapered around the knee and narrower on the leg, but leaves a bit more room around the butt and thigh giving you a little more wiggle room than a classic slim fit. When most guys are looking for a better fit and are a little nervous, they’ll usually start with the slim straight fit and then eventually graduate to just ‘slim fit.’ We say roll the dice, take some risks, and finally get a pair of jeans that fit perfectly for you.