Macy’s is always having a “One Day Sale” but we found out how to save a little extra cash during checkout.
Macy’s really has almost everything we could ever want and need. But, for real, what’s up with those “One Day” sales that seem to happen, uh, every day? Does that irk anyone else? Either way, a sale is a sale and we’ll take it! Some of their most famous sales revolve around bedding, clothes and, of course, jewelry but there really are so many more sales going on that it’s almost tough to keep up with. Plus, let’s be honest, we’re all really here just to find the latest promo and coupon codes and see if they’re still working. We don’t blame you one bit.
Check out some of the most active Macy’s promo codes, blowout sales, and killer deals (so far) in June 2019. Happy shopping!
The Best Macys Coupon Codes of the Month:
Even More Major Sales & Deals Today:
The 9 Macy’s Shopping Secrets That May Be News to You
1. Downloading the Macys App Saves Money: If you’re an avid Macy’s shopper then downloading their app won’t really be a big deal. It’s good for three cool reasons. First, if you have the app and are walking through the store you’ll get alerts letting know about sudden deals taking place. Second, you’ll basically become an employee because you’ll now be able to scan barcodes yourself to check on things like price, color options, in-stock status, and more. Third, and most importantly, once you first download the app Macy’s will give you 25% off your first order when purchasing through the app. Learn more about their app here.
2. Free Shipping Does Exist With This Trick: Alright so if you’re a Macy’s Star Rewards Gold or Platinum Member you’ll get free shipping on your items (you still have to use your Macy’s card though), but what about all the rest of us? If you don’t want to have to spend up to either $50 (if they’re running a special) or the $99 (if they’re not running a special) here’s a really cool trick to try out. Macy’s allows for free shipping when you purchase a beauty item so all you have to do is add a cheap beauty product to your cart and everything else in there will ship for free too! For example, head over to their beauty section, click on their travel-sized products, and then sort the price by “lowest” and you could grab something for $2 – $3 and then everything in your cart ships for free. That’s the cheap way out, of course. You can always just pick up a beauty product you actually want and need but, if not, go with that handy little bargaining strategy!
3. Become an Email Subscriber and Get 10% Off: Ok so that was pretty self-explanatory. When you give Macy’s your email address and become a subscriber to their newsletter they’ll then provide you with 10% off your next purchase. That’s a pretty quick and simple way to get some money off your total!
4. Get Your Price Adjustment STAT: If you purchased something at one price and then within 10-days you see that the same item is now on sale, Macy’s will honor and adjust that new price. Just remember that it has to be within those 10-days. They’re not always the best about being accommodating if you see it priced lower after those 10-days. There are also some restrictions to be sure to check out their site for all the things to watch out for.
5. Colored Price Tags Mean Something: The color your seeing on your price tag when shopping in-store actually does mean something. We always assumed it did, but never knew what. Until now! Here’s the deal:
- Yellow Price Tag: These prices are the absolute lowest they’ll ever go and will stay that price until they’re either sold or pulled from the floor.
- Blue Price Tag: Tags that have blue on them mean that this is the second-to-last price adjustment you’ll be seeing on the specific item. It’s still a great sale price, but if the tag is blue it’ll still be going on sale one more time and will eventually turn into the yellow tag ‘final’ clearance price.
6. Ordering Online and Picking Up In-Store: Sure, ordering online and then picking up in-store kind of defeats the convenience factor of, you know, shopping online but it can save you some extra money from time to time. When shopping online and in the checkout process sometimes Macy’s will have a button you can check that will offer you additional savings if you pick it up in-store. Type in your zip-code to see if it’s available and if there’s a promotion going on. If so, we’ve seen instances where they’ve given up to 20% off our next order. Plus, we saved any shipping charges so it’s a real win-win.
7. Prices Ending in “.98” Have a Catch: If you see an item priced ending in .98 (example: $19.98) that means it’s part of the “Everyday Value” promotion at Macys which, at first, sounds great because it really is a great price. However, that “.98” means that it won’t be eligible for a coupon or promo code. Bummer.
8. Competitor Price Matching Exists: Macy’s will hook you up with a competitor price match guarantee if you find the same item somewhere else for a cheaper price. However, there are some exclusions like they won’t price-match with Amazon, eBay, Bed Bath & Beyond, or Costco. The price also has to be within 10-days of you originally making your purchase.
9. Text with Macy’s and Get a Discount: Ok so it’s not exactly like that, but if you sign up with Macy’s via text-messaging (meaning: providing your cell number to them so they can text you sales, deals, and more) they’ll also provide you with 25% off your next purchase once you initially sign up. It’s not really that bad, but if after awhile you’re tired of the messages, just unsubscribe and call it a day Just make sure you’ve already received and used that 25% off!
More Sales & Deals:
10+ Active Sales at Nordstrom This Month
So Many Sephora Coupons, So Little Time
The Home Depot is Having Major Sales (Try These Promo Codes)
Give These Wayfair Coupon & Promo Codes a Try This Month
Take a Ton Off Designer Fashions at Saks Fifth Ave Right Now
So What’s the Deal with Their Daily Sales Anyway?
One of the things we love the best about Macy’s is that they’re always running some kind of sale. Remember when they would have commercials on every single day promoting their “1 Day” sale that happened, uh, 5 times a week? Bless them. Overall your best bet when it comes to saving money is to check in to see exactly what kind of promos they’re running on a given day. One place to stop and check out is here on Macy’s special ‘deals’ page where you can see all the one-off stuff they’re putting on sale or giving away for free! It’s a lot of add-on items (like a free umbrella with the purchase of a specific fragrance). We also highly recommend signing up for their email/newsletter. Sure they’ll email you daily (you can change preferences) but you’ll immediately save 25% off your next purchase once you sign up, plus you really will be in the know when it comes to one-day sales, random items at amazing prices, and more.
Show Me How to Use Your Prized Coupon Online:
Well this one is super easy to do. There’s nothing worse than having to fill out all your personal information and credit card info to then try out your promo code and see that it doesn’t work. Macy’s cuts all that out for you so you can easily test your code super early in the checkout process. Here’s a quick breakdown of how this works
1. Select the Product You Want: Once you see the product you want all you have to do is quickly and easily click the ‘Add to Bag’ red button. You can then click ‘checkout’ or just keep shopping until you’re ready to go.
2. Get Ready to Test That Code: Once you’ve clicked the button to checkout you’ll be brought to this screen (see below) where you see your purchase and the price. On the right side of your screen at the top you’ll notice the “Enter the Promo Code’ box. Before you even have to put in any of your own information you can test out your code. Either copy the promo code you’ve found here and paste it into the box or you can simply type it in and then click the “Apply” button.
3. Check to See if Your Code Worked: After you clicked “Apply” you’ll see that it worked and your discount was immediately added and reflected in your order total. Congratulations! If it didn’t work (like so many of them don’t!) you’ll see the red error message appear in two places. First it’ll appear above the product you’ve added letting you know that the promo code wouldn’t work with the product you’ve chosen. You’ll also see a similar message appear in the red box directly below where you’ve added your code. Such a bummer. Just try another!