Running in to Target for milk and leaving with over $200 in stuff? Guilty as charged! We’ve researched some of the best ways to save some cash both inside and outside the store. We’ll also tackle what the real deal is with their policy on promo codes when checking out online.
Black Friday Sale: Up to 40% Here MY TAKE ON ALL THINGS TARGET (INCLUDING COUPONS & SALES)
Is it wrong that a relaxing day for us is shopping at Target? It’s pretty much our most zen place we can be at. And when we’re not in Target we’re certainly shopping them online. They basically have everything we could ever want in life; food, home decór, clothes, the latest electronics, holiday everything and more.
While we shop them all year round, our personal favorite times of the year is Halloween and Christmas. First off, when it comes to the Christmas holiday you can get just about everything you need – from gifts and cards to stockings, outdoor lights, place settings – you name it. For the most part, the prices are great.
Halloween comes in a close second. Target’s own Halloween brand – Hyde & EEK Boutique – has some really cool decor and Halloween essentials and so many of them are only $10 (yes, for real). If you don’t want to spend a lot since you may not keep up your decorations that long, they’re really worth checking out.
Speaking of savings, through our research/online sleuthing we did discover from some of the savings experts out there like RetailMeNot, Groupon and even the Krazy Coupon Lady (and Target themselves) they actually do have coupons (think: flyers) and promo codes (think: online checkout) that can come directly from them. We did see that there are some sites out there that claim to have all these exclusive Target codes but those are suspect to say the least.
On average you should be able to save upwards of an extra 20% off your overall purchase (although exclusions can certainly apply). Many of their deals actually don’t need a coupon, which is super helpful especially when (like us) you forget to add it in at checkout!
Below we’ve highlighted some of our favorite sales and deals from Target directly and even some of their promo codes where applicable for December 2022. Below that you’ll find some of the most popular shopping perks that you may not know about!TARGET’S LATEST DEALS, SALES & PROMO CODES
There really are no tricks when it comes to Target promo codes. They’re always adding new codes to their site what seems like almost every day. At the least, you’ll be able to typically find an active code that’ll work once per week. The only down-side is that the coupon codes typically turnover every few days. So what was issued today, may not be working in one week from now. However, after what seems like hours of research we can safely say that usually their promo codes will be active anywhere from 1 week to 2.5 weeks. Once the new month begins, for example, we’ll see expiration dates usually for around the middle of the month. Our best advice is to also check out this page at Target that’ll list a lot of the major promos and deals they have going on for the month.
Even More Ways to Save Online:
Free Shipping Code at Boxed This Black Friday Into Cyber Monday!!
All the Major December 2022 Promos at Nordstrom We’re Obsessing Over
Wayfair Discount Codes This Black Friday Into Cyber Monday!!
10% Off at The Home Depot This Black Friday Into Cyber Monday!!
8 TARGET SHOPPING PERKS & INSIDER SALES KNOWLEDGE
1. Free Shipping Can Happen at Target: Yes, it’s usually the #1 question people have when trying to save money at Target. You can get free standard 2-day shipping when you sign up for their REDcard. It’s pretty much like your debit card, but allows you to gain free shipping, gets your 5% cash-back on purchases, gives you access to additional promos, early access to major sales (like Black Friday and Cyber Monday) and a bunch more. Learn more about REDcard here.
2. Use Up to 3 Coupons at Once: This is what the real coupon mavens call “coupon stacking.” And, well, Target allows it. You can combine your regular Target coupon, a manufacturers coupon, and your Cartwheel to get maximum savings. Cartwheel, if you don’t know, is the Target app that allows you to earn even extra savings. And you know how has some really great one-off Target coupons?
3. Save 5% Off Your Starbucks Purchases: That’s right! If your Target has a Starbucks inside (don’t most?) and you pay for your coffee or other Starbucks treats with your Target REDcard (did we mention you must sign up for one of these!) you’ll get 5% off your total purchase. Honestly, coffee from Starbucks is pretty much $100 a cup so we’ll totally take the 5% in savings!
4. Sunday Just May Be Your Best Shopping Day: We typically retreat to Target on a Sunday anyway for some “me time” but now there may be an even better reason to be there that day. On Sunday you’ll find the best savings on things in the grocery and household departments. This is mainly because their newest sales in these departments start on Sunday (the old ones end on Saturday). There’s math in there somewhere?!
5. The 3 Major Toys Sales Per Year: Did you know that Target has a semi-annual (read: three times per year) sale on toys? Historically we’ve seen their deals start at 30% off original prices and then end with upwards of 75% off. These toy sales (in the past) have always been in the months of July, December, and January. Get your LOL Surprise for as much off as humanly possibly because your kid is demanding 2 this year from Santa!
6. Target Will Price-Match Amazon: When most retailers aren’t price-matching with Amazon, Target is all in. A little known secret is that some of the major retailers (the major retailers you’re thinking of) all have updated software that allows their prices to automatically be adjusted for either the same price or at least 1-cent lower then the competition. It’s a real thing. Did you even wonder why some retailer almost always seem to have the lowest price or at least the same price? Anyway, if you happen to find your same exact item for a lower price at Amazon (and Target didn’t catch it already) simply show them the competitor price and they’ll honor it. There are some restrictions like it has to be a regularly priced item and not a clearance item.
7. Get 5% Off With Target Subscriptions: You know those everyday essential items you need all the time? Well when you sign up for Target Subscriptions you’ll save 5% on your order and you’ll get free shipping! Plus, to sweeten the deal even more, if you use your Target REDcard or just your debit card you’ll get an additional 5% off, bringing your savings to 10% off your total order. This is perfect for things you want to set up constant orders for like toothpaste every two months, toilet paper every month or, if you’re like us, La Croix every single week. For real we’re addicted. You can change delivery and subscription options at any time and ship it back for free (or bring it back to the store for fee) if you need to return anything. Learn more about this here.
8. Save Up to 90% Off Holiday Sales: We know, we know, shopping for holiday related stuff after the holiday is officially over is a total bummer. But, if you’re looking for the best deals this is how and when you have to shop. Typically as soon as the holiday is over, many of the themed items will go on sale. Then, as the days go on the percentage off increases. For example, as soon as the holiday is over you can get 30% off candy and holiday-related food (50% off all other holiday-related items). Then, by the one-week mark after the holiday you’ll get around 70% off candy and food and then 90% off the remaining holiday-marked items. It’s pretty amazing, but plan accordingly because if you’re greedy (like we tend to be) and want to wait the one-week mark you could end up with hardly anything good left. We’re totally fine with the 30% – 50% off the first day!